Give me the commerical food.

Filed under: by: Jade and Ryan


I was watching TV the other day and I see a Wendy's commercial for the Baconator. It looked so damn good that I had to go get one myself. I mean, look at that (to the left), it looks amazing!
So, I go get one of these and open it and find something along the lines of this (below):
What the hell? Where's my billowy hamburger? Instead I get this pile of deflated sludge that could pass as Joan Rivers the day before going in for botox. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat anything, but I want to know how they make their burgers look so good for the commercial and then we get this crap as the actual food. Has our society actually come to photoshopping food?

Here's another example of a commercial presentation versus reality.

KFC's Famous Bowl:




Yes, thank you for my Bowl of CRAP. It's great to know I can find a place that actually makes my corn float in gravy soup. Just what I've been looking for. Yet at the end of the day, even with deflated burgers and soupy fried chicken, these places are making loads of money off of us. Though they're all slack and can't cook, I still want their food. It's like watching Super Size Me and seeing the guy throw up after super sizing his McDonald's, but yet you're strangely craving a McMuffin.

If you want to see more comparisons of Food ads and real food, check out this website:
Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality

-Jade

1 comments:

On February 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous said...

Soooo true! That KFC bowl looks just horrible, so this served as an important PSA as far as I'm concerned! (And I'm totally loving the blog so far!) :)~S